What’s on the New CompTIA A+ Exams?
The CompTIA A+ core series (220-1101 or 220-1102) provides a foundation for a number of different IT jobs and helps entry-level IT pros prepare for the jobs of the future.
In addition to topics you might traditionally associate with tech support, the new CompTIA A+ emphasizes the technologies and skills IT pros need to support a hybrid workforce such as:
- Increased reliance on software as a service (SaaS) applications for remote work.
- More focus on troubleshooting and how to remotely diagnose and correct common software, hardware or connectivity problems.
- Focus on changing core technologies, from cloud virtualization and IoT device security to data management and scripting.
- Major operating systems, their use cases and how to keep them running properly.
- Basics of scripting so that help desk technicians and technical support specialists understand what they’re looking at when they encounter code.
CompTIA A+ continues to emphasize problem solving within a technology context. Employers want IT pros who can think critically and approach problems systematically to find a solution. Having CompTIA A+ shows employers that you have the hands-on skills and proves your ability to solve technology problems.
Download comptia-a-220-1101-exam-objectives to find out everything that’s covered.